Thursday, March 8, 2012

Today we took a field trip to the local community college. The students were really good and I think we all had a great time. The transportation dept from our school district is too expensive, so we all got on the city bus to the dismay of most of the other passengers and the driver. The driver was especially rude. I guess she didn't like the fact we needed special attention with a wheelchair and 24 transfer passes.




I wanted to take a picture inside the bus, but from all the glares of the other passengers, I decided not to. I guess they didn't like the fact that they had to sit next to special ed kids, or maybe they were upset because we took a while to board and get settled.

Our tour guide walked us around the entire campus backwards. She never tripped or bumped into anything. Quite impressive. She showed us all the buildings and gave us a history lesson at the same time.
The campus is very nice with lots of open space in the quad for socializing.
The staff keeps the grounds clean and beautiful. There were pockets of these beautiful flowers in the smallest spaces.


The girls seemed impressed with the culinary arts classes. These meals are served to order for a very reasonable price. And they came out looking just like these examples.

The boys were more interested in the science departments displays of taxidermy and skeletal remains.

Can you see me there with a skull for a head?

The boys were also very interested in the Automotive Technology Dept. This is where they asked most of thier questions.



And here I am with my goofy grin! Our dept takes this trip every year, and every year I avoid going. I just don't like change. I would rather stay on campus doing what I do. But I am really glad I went. I had a great time.


And we ended our long day of walking and learning with a ride back home on two more buses. This time the driver was friendly and helpful.



Say GOODBYE!!





No comments:

Post a Comment